Also refer planning section Part I – Core Standard.
Bicycle activity plans
Specific planning considerations may include but is not limited to:
- the expected or known trail classification
- the impact of current seasonal factors including the weather forecast for the day(s) of the activity and weather during recent days
- identifying route and terrain specific hazards and risks
- the need for a support vehicle(s)
- the required navigation skills & equipment
- the suitability of maps for navigation
- the access available for support and emergency services for the start and finish locations and throughout the activity
Emergency management planning
Bicycle emergency management plan
A non-participating contact shall be used as part of the emergency management plan.