3 – Planning
Refer Core Good Practice Guide – Activity Planning.
3.1 Activity plans
Additional challenge course activity planning considerations MAY include but are not limited to:
- site characteristics such as:
- supervision line of sight
- waiting areas
- element characteristics such as:
- belay system used
- leader competencies required
- activity proregression
- appropriate warm-up or lead-up activities (g. trust, cooperation, communication)
- suitable options to allow “challenge by choice”
- operating procedures and instructions that need to be provided
- participant training required (g. spotting, belaying, attaching to safety systems)
- any other relevant considerations listed in this document and the Core Good Practice Guide.
3.2 Emergency management planning
Refer Core Good Practice Guide – Emergency management planning.
The use of relevant rescue systems and procedures MUST be practiced periodically.