Also refer to Part I – Core Standard
Abseil & Climb information provided pre-activity
Pre-activity information should clearly communicate:
- expectations and activity conditions
An appropriate pre-activity assessment should be conducted to ensure participants have the necessary pre-requisite skills & knowledge to undertake the activity.
Abseil & Climb participant health and wellbeing
Potential measures to assist in providing positive participant experiences may include but are not limited to:
- providing the activity as an option so it is ‘challenge by choice’
- providing a scaled level of experience to build participants level of skill, knowledge and experience
- providing real choice in terms of activity entry and exit options
- providing a briefing of risks and how those risks are managed
- considering the group dynamics when grouping participants
- providing emotional support through a supportive environment and positive rapport
- building and maintaining positive relationships within the group
- reducing as much as practical any discomfort from the equipment used.